Friday, February 26, 2010

Party Planning: Pink and Dotty Baby Shower Decor

One of my oldest and closest friends (we first met when I moved to Michigan for 7th grade!) is having a baby and a group of us are hosting a shower next weekend. We've been busy planning the soiree, so I thought I'd share our plans... then we can see how this all materializes in real life!

We're using primarily pink and green, to match the little girl's first room, and using poka dots throughout to tie everything together. Items in the works are a festive felt garland, spied on the Purl Bee (and I mentioned here) to be hung over the table and swagged across windows and I'll whip together some table runners (using fabric found at Joann's).


Baby Shower Plans


I'm most excited to tackle these amazing Carrnation Balls (instructions and picture by Eddie Ross)... I have been waiting for an occassion to try my hand at these ever since I saw Eddie's tutorial, so to be honest the 'dots' theme stemmed from there...

As a takeaway/ favor and to add yummy treats and color, we'll also have a Candy Bar, inspired by the one shown above by 
Amy Atlas. (If you have never looked at her portfolio, GO! So amazing and beautiful and creative. Seriously swoon-worthy.) And pretty, sugary treats seem just so perfect for welcoming an adorable little girl into the world!

I'm so excited and think it will be such a pretty, festive event - more to come next week with the other plans... and then of course I'll share how it all turns out!

2 comments:

Meredith from PenelopeLovesLists said...

Hi Nicole,

Are you joining us on the Holly's Hobbiers team over at BYW? Can't wait to meet you there! We need you to achieve our team goal!

Nicole said...

I'll be there... just a bit behind this week with workplace business & a quickie trip to Vegas.... but I have my homework all ready to make some serious progress on the plane ride today. Thanks for checking in on me! :)