Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yummy Matzo

Roommates over the years found it strange, but I've always liked Matzo, as far as crackers go. As a kid we'd have it in our tomato soup (instead of more 'traditional' saltines or oyster crackers) - it has the perfect light taste + crunchy texture. And that's as far as my Matzo enjoyment has ever gone... until now.

Over at The Kitchn I came across this recipe for toffee & chocolate-covered matzo. The post explains "We call it matzo crack. It's just that addictive." Um, sign me up.

Picture from The Kitchn

Its perfect timing, too... this weekend we're headed to the 'burbs to celebrate Hanukkah with aunts, uncles, and cousins. My dad's side of the family is Jewish & though its not the most traditional celebration (Christmas trees are involved), it always includes lots of yummy latkes with applesauce. (Everyone leaves their coats in the car, or else you'll smell like latkes for weeks! :) The gift exchanges are really just for the kids, but I always like to bring a little something for the adults... and this will be the perfect little treat!